Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"We are fornicating in the sight of six billion people"

My Capital Punishment project is finally finished. Our presentation/discussion/debate lasted an hour. I was so worn out after it. Robert Lawton against Jenny and I, wow it was intense. I feel great about it though.

After doing so much research (and changing my mind a few times, vacillating between ideas) I am now very certain that I am anti-capital punishment. My reasons being, in general, it is too inconsistent, too arbitrary, full of racial and socio-ecconomical bias, too costly, and it defiles human life. And I think that the arguement that it is a deterrent to crime is bullshit. Besides, in the past ten years the violent crime rate and the execution rate has decreased together.

I want to go see Barack Obama on Friday. Actually Im pretty positive that Im going to. I also want to go to Europe this summer. Not so sure about that one though.

K peace. <4

No comments: